Are you a Real Estate Agent?
All properties tenanted on your rent roll must be compliant with the new Queensland government legislation.
Rented properties must have interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms in all bedrooms as well as in hallways or areas between bedrooms and be either hardwired or powered by a non-removable battery.
As of the 1st of January 2022, all landlords & real estate agents must ensure interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms are installed in all residential rental properties. With all other dwellings including owner occupied homes transitioning to full compliance by 2027.
Know your obligations and avoid loss of income or worse. At Smoke Alarm Compliance QLD we make compliance simple and hassle free. We do the work for you. You can rest easy knowing we’ll keep you in line with legislation and you’ll have the best smoke alarms on the Australian market. All at a fantastic price.
What’s required by law?
When your property’s alarms are upgraded, the alarms must:
- be photoelectric & comply with Australian Standard 3786-2014
- not also contain an ionisation sensor;
- be less than 10 years old;
- operate when tested;
- be interconnected with every other ‘required’ smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together;
- all old alarms even hardwired alarms must be removed/replaced with new compatible alarms.
- All Queensland homes and units being sold or leased, or having their existing lease renewed, must have hardwired or Non-removable 10-year battery photoelectric, interconnected smoke alarms installed.
- Within 30 days prior to the start of a tenancy in a domestic dwelling, the lessor/landlord( Managing agent) must ensure all smoke alarms in the dwelling are tested and cleaned.
Smoke alarms must be installed on each storey:
- in each bedroom; and
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of t ravel to exit the dwelling. Smoke alarms must be hardwired or powered by a non-removable 10-year battery, or a combination of both may be allowed.
Any existing smoke alarm being replaced from 1 January 2017 must be a photoelectric-type alarm that complies with Australian Standard 3786-2014.
If a smoke alarm that is hardwired to the domestic power supply needs replacement, it must be replaced with a hardwired photoelectric smoke alarm.
In existing domestic dwellings, it is possible to have a combination of smoke alarms (240v and battery operated) and interconnectivity can be both wired and/or wireless.
What to buy?
Smoke alarms must comply with the Standard AS 3786-2014. The body of the alarm must be marked with AS3786-2014. Don’t get caught out with infereror alarms. We only use the best, smoke alarms backed by a 10 year guarantee.
Exactly where should they be placed?
Where practicable smoke alarms must be placed on the ceiling. Our expert installers know exactly where to install your smoke alarms for optimal protection and adherence to legislation.
- Smoke alarms must not be placed within:
- 300mm of a corner of a ceiling and a wall
- 300mm of a light fitting
- 400mm of an air-conditioning vent
- 400mm of the blades of a ceiling fan.
Become compliant today with Smoke Alarm Compliance QLD and never have to worry about compliance again.
Hassle free compliance
Enquiry today or Register your properties through our website. At Smoke Alarm Compliance Qld, we specialise in guaranteeing smoke alarm compliance. We are passionate about what we do, and we do it well. Our team of specialists across Queensland can have your rent roll upgraded within a matter of weeks. Giving you and your Landlords peace of mind, knowing their properties will be eligible for lease renewal in 2022. Our simple pricing structure makes things clear for your Landlords and there are no hidden costs.
One price, regardless of what type of smoke alarm!
The large volume of smoke alarms we install, means great prices for the consumer. Not to mention the LIFETIME warranty on all components of the install.
Add in the limited time offer of the FREE wall mounted smoke alarm controller, valued at $120 with every install, and we believe our package is unbeatable!
Property Managers and Landlords – Find out why you should not upgrade the smoke alarms in a property without the addition of a Smoke Alarm Controller.
When fully upgraded to meet the new Queensland government legislation, most properties will have between 4 to 6 interconnected smoke alarms – if one goes off, they all go off – this if it is a false alarm will be an incredibly loud and annoying experience. What will your tenant do when this happens?
With the Smoke Alarm Controller, there is no need for the tenant to put up with the incredibly loud noise for more than a few seconds, no need to run around the house trying to find out which smoke alarm is causing the problem, no need to get on a ladder. All the alarms can be silenced from the one wall mounted switch.
This will result in less maintenance calls to you (often in the middle of the night), less stress for your tenants and less cost for your owners. Tenants won’t need to break a smoke alarm to stop it going off, saving on replacement costs.
No property should have their smoke alarms upgraded and interconnected without including the Smoke Alarm Controller.